Putting Purpose into Practice with Shared Value
Companies are increasingly recognizing the importance of purpose. But what does it really mean to have a purpose-led organization? And how can you help your organization more effectively put its purpose into practice?
That’s what today’s guest, Bobbi Silten, managing director of the Shared Value Initiative, is here to discuss. Bobbi explains the importance of leading with purpose, the role of shared value and why you need to understand your organization’s cultural dynamics to succeed in being purpose driven. She also discusses The Purpose Playbook, which was recently released by Shared Initiative as an actionable guide for practitioners looking to lead change in their organizations and society.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What the Shared Value Initiative does and how it originated
- The definition of shared value
- Being a purpose led organization
- What the Purpose Playbook teaches practitioners about leading change
- Why it’s important to have a grounding in leading with purpose
- The importance of understanding an organization’s cultural dynamics
“Our whole philosophy in building this playbook is that it’s not a cookie-cutter approach.”
“First you have to, as a company, get really clear about what your reason for being is, and your reason beyond profits alone.”
“The more a leader can understand the cultural dynamics of their organization, the more than can use it or start to dial down the things that are getting in the way.”